LGA DRESS CODE
Dress and Grooming
The parents/guardians of Leroy Greene Academy are charged with the responsibility of dressing their students in a manner appropriate for a school setting. In addition, under normal circumstances, no student will be sent to school wearing any kind of clothing, costume, and/or hair style which will tend to interrupt, disturb, or interfere with the normal educational program being carried on, either on the campus or in the classroom, or negatively affect the health and safety of individuals. The students must dress in such manner that will demonstrate good taste.
- Denim jeans okay (jeans may not have elaborate/colored stitching/no red or royal blue pants or jeans allowed)
- All pants must be hemmed and must be worn waist-high (no sagging is allowed).
- Sweat pants and warm-ups may not be worn (except for PE).
- Leggings are not allowed in place of pants or skirts.
- Shorts must be hemmed, and when standing, they MUST have at least a 6” inseam.
- Shorts must be worn waist-high (no sagging is allowed).
- Athletic shorts may not be worn (except for PE).
- Shirts must have a shoulder-width measurement of 3 inches (no tank/strapless/halter/fish-net/see through tops, off-the-shoulder, spaghetti straps, or muscle t-shirts are allowed).
- Shirts must cover the entire midriff section when arms are raised above the head.
- Red or royal blue shirts may not be worn.
- All shirts must be free of professional sports team names and/or logos.
- Skirts/dresses must be 4 inches above the bended knee or longer.
- Skirts/dresses may not be form-fitting
- Undergarments must not be seen under skirts/dresses.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Students must wear tennis shoes or similar footwear for P.E. activities.
- Flip-flop shoes, socks, or sock-like footwear and slippers are not safe or appropriate for school and may not be worn.
- Sandals are not appropriate for P.E. at any time.
- Sweatshirts, sweaters and jackets may be plain, and may have LGA or other middle/high school logos, or college logos. (No professional sports team names/logos). If sweatshirts have a hood, it is to remain off the head at all times while inside. Zippered sweatshirts, sweaters, and jackets may not be worn over inadmissible t-shirts or blouses.
- Clothing, jewelry, and other accessories, which present a safety hazard to the wearer or others are not allowed.
- Chains may not be worn or used to attach to wallets.
- Caps, hats, visors, or head covering may not be worn or visible at school except school-approved purchases and religious garb, which may not be altered.
- Attire that advocates or advertises any type of alcohol, drugs, tobacco or acts which are illegal, violent, obscene, or hazardous to one’s health is not allowed
- Attire with writing, graphics, or logos that are offensive or sexually suggestive, or that communicate negative or disrespectful attitudes may not be worn to school, or to any school function.
- Identifiable gang attire or colors are not allowed.
- Ripped, torn or frayed clothing, including pants or shorts that have been purchased with intentional fraying may not be worn.
Violation of the dress code will result in immediate in-school suspension until the violation is corrected, or until a parent/guardian brings a change of clothing or checks the student out of school for the day.
Refusal to correct the violation will be considered defiance and the student will be issued an appropriate school consequence.