LGA Admissions Policies
The application window is currently closed for the 2020-21 school year. The window opened Tuesday, October 1st and closed on Friday, December 6th. Families will be able to either apply via the website with an online form that will be automatically time-stamped upon submission. All applications received after December 6th will be placed on the waiting list. This application is only for students not currently enrolled in LGA. Current LGA students do not need to submit an application.
LGA Admissions Process
LGA uses an open enrollment admission policy for all students and does not discriminate on the basis of residency, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, national origin, ethnic and/or racial background, or achievement level. LGA does not charge tuition and is non-sectarian in its programs, admissions, and policies. Continued enrollment is dependent upon progress toward graduation and making satisfactory academic progress. If the number of pupils who wish to attend LGA exceeds the school’s capacity, attendance, except for existing pupils, shall be determined by a public random drawing in accordance with California Education Code section 47605(d)(2).
Preference may be given in the following order:
- Pupils currently attending the Charter School;
- District pupils residing within the attendance area of the Charter School, as defined by the District;
- Siblings of pupils currently attending the Charter School;
- District pupils who meet the federal school guidelines for economic support known as Title One or Free or Reduced Lunch subsidy; and
- All other pupils residing within the District.